Friday, February 15, 2013

Crispy Nacho bean scramble

This was my very tasty dinner tonight: Crispy Tortilla bean scramble


From now on, when ever I see a recipe for something called a scramble, I will be wondering if, they too, started out with something else in mind...

For the first Friday of Lent I made Crispy Tortilla Fish burgers for the omnivores of the family. Pleased with how these turned out I was confident I could make a vegan and Gluten free version. The outcome suggested otherwise. Still I will be making it again!

Crispy Tortilla bean scramble

1 can Kidney beans, drained, rinsed and dried.
1 cup crushed baked tortilla chips
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 nutritional yeast
2 T chopped cialantro
1 t onion powder
1 T Oil

In a large bowl mash the beans with a potato masher or fork. They do not all need to be mashed up.
Add all the other ingredient except the oil. Mix to combine.  Heat 1 teaspoon of Oil, over medium heat, in a non stick pan. Add bean mixture to the pan, keep mixture moving and brown evenly. Serve with salsa and guacamole.

 

About