Friday, December 21, 2012

10 little ladybugs


I asked Mini Piwi to choose a book she wanted to do some 'arts' (Mini piwi's word to describe her tot school) with. I had been doing the choosing so I was interested to see what she would come up with. She disappeared into Miss K's room and came back with '10 little ladybugs' by Melanie Gerth



This has been one book that both kids have yet to grow tired of after years of reading it. I think it is the catchy rhyme and the 2D ladybugs that 'disappear' that makes it more fun. We read the book and  pulled out her C is for Caterpillar folder and did this activity from 1+1+1=1

After 'night night', I worked on making up some bugs and critters. At this point I wasn't too sure what we were going to make with them. Thankfully I woke up with an idea to turn it into a felt board/puppet show activity. Mini Piwi glued all of the critters onto cardstock squares.
We attached popsicle to all the animals except the ladybugs.
I draw a background for the ladybugs to rest on.
piwi kids 2012
 
As I read the book, Mini Piwi would hold up the animal on the page that was taking a ladybug away and pop one ladybug under the flower flap. We counted down until they were all gone, just like in the book...and then Mini Piwi got to open the flap for the surprise ending...
Piwi kids 2012
 
 


 

About